Auth0 has some excellent guides. You should start here to learn more about what Auth0 is, and the standards it supports. Open Authorization (OAuth) 2 and JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) are standards also used by Unloc.
- Begin by creating an Auth0 account here. A good tenant name would be the same as your Integrator name.
- Add the Unloc API under Applications -> APIs. Both
api.unloc.sandbox.appcan be used as identifier, depending on which environment you want the user to have access to. Only RS256 is supported.
- Enable RBAC and permissions on access tokens on the newly created APIs settings (Unloc API)
- Add permissions to the Unloc API. These are the same permissions for Lock Holders as exemplified here.
Optional: For easier management over permissions, you can group permissions into role(s) as explained here.
- Add user(s) through the User Management
- Add permissions for your users
Add the signing key URL from Auth0 to your Integrator through our endpoint [PUT ENDPOINT LINK HERE]. Your Auth0 signing key URL is:
https://[tenant_name].auth0.com/.well-known/jwks.json- just replace [tenant_name] with the tenant name you chose in step 1.
You are now ready to retrieve user tokens. Read more about the different way of retrieving these here.
Updated over 1 year ago